Document requirements for signing a collective agreement with Byggnads (the Swedish Building Workers Union) (foreign companies in EU Member States)
The following information must be submitted in order to enter into an agreement with the Swedish Building Workers’ Union. All documentation must be sent in ONE email to the Swedish Building Workers' Union (if the email is larger than 30 MB, it should be split into two to four emails sent at the same time). The Swedish Building Workers' Union does not retain incomplete documents. Original documents in a language other than Swedish must be translated by the company.
- The subject line of the email must contain the company's full name, corporate identity number/tax number and D-U-N-S number.
- A certificate of registration from the country in which the company is domiciled, as well as any certificate of registration from the Swedish Companies Registration Office. The document must not be more than one month old.
- The company must have registered beneficial owner in the country where the company is registered. A copy of the original document and translated document into Swedish must be submitted together with other documents before the contract is signed.
- The company shall appoint a representative in Sweden with a written power of attorney to show they have the authority to represent the employer in all matters concerning the business in Sweden. The power of attorney shall also include the right to represent the employer in negotiations and enter into agreements with the Swedish Building Workers' Union. The power of attorney must be submitted at the time of the contract signing.
- The company must show at the time of signing the contract that it is signed with ID06 including ID06 Company Declaration and ID06 Stamp as well as a number of ID06 cards issued.
- Register extract from the Swedish Tax Agency: Decision on approval of Swedish
F-tax as well as, where applicable, decision on registration for employer's contributions and VAT (moms) registration.
- Application form SKV 4632 that the company submitted to the Swedish Tax Agency when applying for Swedish F-tax. If this application was made digitally the copy of the application and the confirmation from the Swedish Tax Agency shall be submitted to Byggnads. If this application was made in any other way the company must make a request to the Swedish Tax Agency to have a copy of that form. The form must show that it has been received by the Swedish Tax Agency. Please note that this request only can be done by the company and not through an agent.
- All contact details for the company and authorised company signatory.
- Information about your client: Workplace address and what work is to be carried out plus copy of construction contract.
PLEASE NOTE! If there is no construction contract, a detailed description of the type of work and the client where the work is to be carried out must be submitted from your client as well as contact details to the client.
- An employment contract must be submitted for each employee covered by the agreement with the Swedish Building Workers’ Union. Each contract must be signed by the employee. When signing the contract, the region may require the participation of all employees covered by the agreement.
- A1 certificates for the employees who will be performing labour on behalf of the company. If the company is to pay social security contributions in Sweden, an A1 certificate does not need to be submitted.
- The seven-digit policy number of any FORA insurance that the company already has must be specified. If the company does not have FORA insurance, the policy must be signed when the local collective agreement is entered into. The company must fill out the linked form. A FORA policy is mandatory for anyone who signs a collective agreement.
- The company must enter into an occupational health services agreement that fulfils the occupational health policies of the Swedish Building Workers’ Union. Agreements on occupational health services must be signed with an occupational health service that is a member of the Swedish Association of Occupational Health and Safety. A signed agreement must be submitted.
To be considered
- A contract may not be signed until all documents have been received. Please note that the Swedish Building Workers' Union does not retain incomplete documents.
- Copies of all documents must be sent by email before the signing of the contract, the copies must be scanned in PDF format and sent in a group email.
- Once all documents have been received, the Swedish Building Workers' Union will contact the company and make an appointment for contract signing, which normally takes place within about 6–8 weeks.
- The authorised company signatory must be present at the contract information.
- The authorised company signatory must be present during contract signing, the region may also require that all collective employees covered by the Swedish Building Workers' Union agreement are present.
- Review of the contract will be conducted in Swedish. If the representative of the company is not fluent in Swedish, the company must arrange for and pay the costs for an authorised interpreter at the meeting.
The Swedish Building Workers’ Union charges an annual administrative fee, currently SEK 3,023.