Document requirements for signing a collective agreement with Byggnads (the Swedish Building Workers Union) (foreign companies in EU Member States)
The subject line of the email must contain the company's full name, foreign registration number/tax number, registration number with the Swedish Tax Agency and D-U-N-S number.
The following information must be submitted in order to enter into a collective agreement with Byggnads:
- A certificate of registration from the country in which the company is domiciled, as well as any certificate of registration from the Swedish Companies Registration Office. The document may not be more than one month old.
- Decisions by the Swedish Tax Agency concerning approval of Swedish F-tax (corporate taxation).
- All contact details for the company and authorized signatory.
- Information about your client: Workplace address and labour to be performed, copy of construction contract.
- An employment contract must be submitted for each employee covered by the agreement with the Byggnads. The contract must indicate if the employee is an apprentice. Each contract must be signed by the employee.
- A1 certificates for the posted employees who will be performing labour on behalf of the company.
- The seven-digit policy number of any FORA insurance that the company already has must be specified. If the company does not have FORA insurance, the insurance policy must be signed when the collective agreement is entered into by filling out this form.
- The company must enter into an occupational health services agreement in accordance with the policies of the Byggnads. A signed agreement must be submitted.
An agreement may not be signed until all documents have been received.
All documents must be submitted in the original or a copy and be translated to Swedish by an authorized translator.
Signing the agreement
Once Byggnads has received the documents, it will contact the company and schedule an appointment to sign the agreement.
The review prior to signing the agreement will be conducted in Swedish. If the representative of the company is not fluent in Swedish, the company must arrange for and pay the costs of an interpreter at the meeting.
Byggnads charges an annual administrative fee, currently SEK 2,800.