Document requirements for signing a collective agreement with Byggnads (the Swedish Building Workers Union) (companies outside the EU/EEA)
The subject line of the email must contain the company's full name, foreign registration number/tax number, registration number with the Swedish Tax Agency and D-U-N-S number.
The following information must be submitted in order to enter into a collective agreement with Byggnads:
- A certificate of registration from the country in which the company is domiciled, as well as any certificate of registration from the Swedish Companies Registration Office. The documents may not be more than one month old.
- Decisions by the Swedish Tax Agency concerning approval of Swedish F-tax (corporate taxation).
- All contact details for the company and authorized signatory.
- Information about your client: Workplace address and labour to be performed, copy of construction contract.
- An employment contract must be submitted for each employee covered by the collective agreement with Byggnads.
- The contracts must indicate if the employee is an apprentice. Each contract must be signed by the employee.
- If social contributions for the employee is paid in another country than Sweden, this must be attested by a certificate from that country.
- Copies of decisions to grant work permits for employees who will be performing labour on behalf of the company.
- The seven-digit policy number of any FORA insurance that the company already has must be specified. If the company does not have FORA insurance, the insurance policy must be signed when the collective agreement is entered into by filling out this form.
- The company must enter into an occupational health services agreement in accordance with the policies of Byggnads. A signed agreement must be submitted.
A collective agreement may not be signed until all documents have been received.
All documents must be submitted in the original or a copy and be translated to Swedish by an authorized translator.
Signing the agreement
Once Byggnads has received the documents, it will contact the company and schedule an appointment to sign the agreement. The agreement will be signed after the physical review of the agreement at Byggnads local office.
The review prior to signing the agreement will be conducted in Swedish. If the representative of the company is not fluent in Swedish, the company must arrange for and pay the costs of an interpreter at the meeting.
Byggnads charges an annual administrative fee, currently SEK 2,938.
- Dennis Henningsson
- Phone: +46 70-600 19 04
- E-mail: email@example.com.